14 Nov 2019
SOX Manager, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Our client is a private bank and wealth management company seeking to recruit a SOX Manager.
Overall purpose of the role:
Reporting to the VP - Group SOX, this position is responsible for designing and executing a Sarbanes Oxley ("SOX"] compliance programme, which includes appropriate planning, ongoing testing, assistance in remediation and internal reporting, to ensure effective internal controls over financial reporting within the consolidated group of companies.
Key responsibilities will include:
• With minimal guidance, performs the assessment of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act ('SOX').
• Supports senior team members in the execution of the SOX assessment program, in providing thorough and reliable identification of in-scope accounts and locations, planning, testing, documentation, and reporting of the effectiveness of financial reporting for delivery to the senior management and external committees.
• Provide risk and gap assessments on existing controls to develop an appropriate SOX testing plan.
• Assist in the transitioning of ownership to respective Process Owners to ensure appropriateness of Controls documentation in the Controls repository.
• Perform SOX compliance risk and materiality assessments to ensure compliance with appropriate legislation and to provide adequate scoping and coverage of the SOX testing programme.
The successful candidate will have:
• University degree in Business/Accounting with 3-5 years' management experience in relation to process and management consulting and a minimum of 3 years' banking or financial services experience in risk or audit.
• Professional accounting designation is a requirement.
• Sound knowledge of USS GAAP, SOX controls frameworks and familiarity with control repository applications.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the best practices and principles and extensive knowledge of SOX certification requirements.
• Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities promptly.
• Knowledge and timely awareness of emerging issues relating to Banking Control environments.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint is required.
• Knowledge of MS Visio would be an asset.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +44 1481 723221. Please visit our website www.pa.gg for our latest vacancies.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
85 total views, 3 today