21 Jul 2018
Senior Bank Auditor, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Job DescriptionOur client is a private bank and wealth management company seeking to recruit a Senior Bank Auditor.
This role is very different to an external audit role so candidates do not necessarily have to have worked in an Audit or Internal Audit role previously. This will involve travel to London, Jersey, Switzerland (1 week every 2 years) & Bermuda (1 week a year).
This role is very people focused in terms of building relationships with the internal clients who would be based in Guernsey & the other jurisdictions.
Overall purpose of the role:
The position reports to AVP, Audit Manager Guernsey in performing financial, operational and management audits, assesses the adequacy of internal controls and ensures that all laws and regulations are observed.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Conduct and/or assist in specialised audits of the activities of the bank’s group, reviewing activities, recording findings and discussing findings.
• Prepare individual audit work papers and records.
• Prepare written reports of results and findings of audits under direction.
• In line with competencies undertake peer reviews on the audits performed by other members of the audit function.
• Contribute to the audit functions risk assessment and planning process.
• Contribute to the continued development and promotion of the internal auditing function within the bank.
• Assist external auditors and other departments as required.
• Assist in fraud initiatives including investigations, providing statements to law enforcement, reporting as prescribed by legislation and appearing as a witness as necessary.
The successful candidate will have:
• 2-year relevant post-qualification experience – consideration will be given to applicants demonstrating extensive relevant experience however candidates from a Trust background who have either STEP or ICSA qualifications (they do not necessarily need an accounting qualification) could also be considered.
• University degree with professional accounting qualifications (CA, CPA, ACA, FCA) and Internal audit experience preferred.
• Fiduciary / Trust experience preferred.
• Awareness and understanding of key regulatory requirements.
For more information, please email: email@example.com or call: +44 1481 723221. Please visit our website www.pa.gg for our latest vacancies.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
165 total views, 1 today