9 Jan 2019
Manager, Financial Risk, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Job DescriptionOur client is a private bank and wealth management company seeking to recruit a Manager, Financial Risk - within their Risk Management team.
To assist the Chief Risk Officer PB and the Country Risk Officer (CRO) with the reporting and monitoring of all financial risks, such as credit, market and investment risk, in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures. Responsible for assisting with the implementation and maintenance of an efficient and appropriate Financial Risk Management framework within the Bank.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• The day to day management of financial risk (i.e. credit, investment and market risk) but excluding non-financial risk (operational risk) within the Bank including the tasks and resources allocated to the management of those risks.
The successful candidate will have:
• The ability to work with senior management and communicate ideas clearly in a verbal and written form and prior experience of working at a committee level contributing to the decision making process.
• Ideally candidates should have a suitable banking qualification to first degree level e.g. ACIB/ALIBF or an appropriate risk management qualification e.g. GARP FRM or CeMAP or DipMAP in mortgage advice and practice.
• Prior experience of working with senior external counterparts – lawyers, regulators and auditors.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver within established deadlines.
• Analytical ability to prepare reports and commentary on (for example) credit proposals and stress tests.
• Demonstrated ability to critically analyse credit proposals and support credit department by advising upon the structuring of same.
• Practical experience of all aspects of financial risk management.
• Knowledge of large exposure policy, capital requirements and overall regulatory environment
• Prior experience working in a Private Banking environment
• Prior experience managing a team
• Experience of managing defaulted credits – working with lawyers and recovery specialists.
• Knowledge of credit structures and legal documents.
• A wider knowledge of investments and treasury operations and products.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +44 1481 723221. Please visit our website www.pa.gg for our latest vacancies.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
27 total views, 1 today