3 Apr 2020
Head of Risk & Compliance, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Job DescriptionOur client is a funds and fiduciary services company seeking to recruit a Head of Risk & Compliance.
Overall purpose of the role:
To lead and manage the Guernsey Risk & Compliance team to identify, measure and assess risks and support the local management in taking ownership for managing and mitigating these risks.
The role-holder will lead Guernsey Compliance & Risk initiatives and manage all stakeholders to ensure the risk and compliance team functions consistently, collaboratively, effectively and in line with local legal regulations, Group policies and procedures.
The role-holder will work closely with the Operations Director in Guernsey, the Guernsey leadership team, the European Director of Risk & Compliance and other functional teams across the Group as required.
Key responsibilities will include;
• Money Laundering Compliance Officer for the local company’s entities and for approx. 30 client regulated entities.
• Compliance Officer for the local company’s entities.
• Chair and voting Member of the Risk Committees and a non-voting Member of the Commercial Committees for the Trust and Fund entities.
• Providing leadership, guidance and mentoring to local Risk & Compliance team.
• Monitor relevant laws, codes and guidance notes to ensure policies and procedures comply with regulatory requirements.
• Oversee the monitoring and testing of AML and CFT policies, procedures, controls and systems in place to assess their appropriateness and effectiveness.
• Investigate any matters of concern or non-compliance arising from the Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP).
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience in a compliance and risk management role, with management experience.
• Strong personal skills. Pragmatic, approachable and independent; able to apply tenacity where necessary.
• A relevant compliance qualification (e.g. ICA Diploma, ACAMS).
• In depth knowledge of the regulatory environment.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +44 1481 723221. Please visit our website www.pa.gg for our latest vacancies.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
99 total views, 1 today