20 Oct 2018
Financial Controller, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Job DescriptionOur client is a Stockbroking & Investment Management company seeking to recruit a Financial Controller.
Overall purpose of the role:
This role reports directly to the Group Financial Controller, and the incumbent will ensure the accuracy, integrity and timely posting and reporting of the financial books and records of all group entities and reporting to internal and external stakeholders as required. The incumbent will also be responsible for assisting the Group Financial Controller with the preparation of regulatory returns and financial statements for group entities including liaising with auditors as required
Key responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the financial control of specific group entities in consultation with the Group Financial Controller.?
• Full cycle bookkeeping and general ledger maintenance in consultation with Accounts Payable Clerk. ?
• Guiding the Accounts Payable Clerk in the bookkeeping of the onshore subsidiary.
• Assisting the Group Financial Controller with the preparation of monthly group management accounts and annual budgets.?
• Liaise with and provide supporting documentation to the auditors as and when required for the annual audit and interim review.?
• Produce ad-hoc performance/trend reports for internal stakeholders such as team leaders and management.
• Obtain a thorough understanding of the processes and information flows of any new businesses acquired by the group and amalgamate these into group reporting processes.
The successful candidate will be:
• A recently qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or close to qualification
• An analytical mind set with strong problem solving skills
• Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
• SQL skills beneficial or willing to learn SQL
• Ideally have experience of Sage 50 or Sage 200, although not essential
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +44 1481 723221. Please visit our website www.pa.gg for our latest vacancies.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
1319 total views, 1 today