28 Feb 2020
Financial Accountant, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Job DescriptionOur client is a Stockbroking & Investment Management company seeking to recruit a Financial Accountant.
Overall purpose of the role:
This role will ensure, along with the Financial Controller, the accuracy, integrity and timely posting and reporting of the financial books and records of all the company’s entities as well as reporting to internal and external stakeholders as required. The incumbent will also be responsible for assisting with the preparation of regulatory returns and financial statements including liaising with auditors as required.
Key responsibilities will include;
• Full cycle bookkeeping and general ledger maintenance in consultation with Accounts Payable Clerk.
• Assisting the Financial Controller with the preparation of monthly management accounts and annual budgets.
• Liaise with and provide supporting documentation to the auditors as and when required for the annual audit and interim review.
• Manage the raising of revenue invoices and assist with the calculation of quarterly account handling fees.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly assets under administration reports.
• Assist with the preparation of the quarterly statistical return information for submission to the Guernsey Financial
• Services Commission & Jersey Financial Services Commission.
• Review the daily cash requirement of all of the company’s trading operations, and assist in investigating any adjustments required to the cash requirement calculation.
The successful candidate will be:
• A recently qualified or part-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Results-oriented with good attention to detail and excellent literacy and organisational skills
• Have an analytical mind set with strong problem-solving skills
• Have excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
• SQL skills beneficial or willing to learn SQL
• Ideally have experience of Sage 50 or Sage 200, although not essential
For more information, please email: email@example.com or call: +44 1481 723221. Please visit our website www.pa.gg for our latest vacancies.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
20 total views, 1 today