21 Aug 2018
Data Protection Officer, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Job DescriptionOur client is an E-gaming company seeking to recruit a Data Protection Officer.
Overall purpose of the role:
This role is for a candidate who is passionate about this area of law to join their busy and talented legal team in this newly created role. The Data Protection Officer will be providing support for the company and will be an important hire in line with the forthcoming EU Data General Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Key responsibilities will include:
• Informing and assisting the company with their responsibilities for complying with relevant data protection laws, regulation and guidance including the EU
• Ensuring data protection policies, processes and procedures are established and documented and monitoring adherence to such processes, policies and procedures
• Delivering training and promoting an awareness and a culture of continuous improvement in compliance across the business
• Assessing all existing and proposed data processing operations and maintaining appropriate documentation including data classification and asset registers, records of relevant privacy impact assessments and prior consultation, assessment and authorisation of processing (such as for data transfers) and meeting the governance and accountability requirements under the GDPR
• Advise and report to management on data protection compliance matters.
The successful candidate will have:
• Previous experience of advising in the areas of data protection, privacy law and other areas of information law and/or a recognised data protection qualification.
• Strong academic credentials.
• Strong understanding of UK and relevant [EU] laws (Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations, Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, GDPR).
• Ability to develop innovative approaches to legal compliance issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives.
• Strong commercial awareness and analytical skills.
• Experience of roll out of a business wide privacy policies and compliance programmes.
• Experience of training to develop a culture of compliance.
• Understanding of proposed changes to data protection and appreciation of global data protection laws.
• Valid right to work document to work in Guernsey.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
214 total views, 1 today