5 Jun 2019
Data Engineer/Database Architect, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Our client is an algorithmic trading company seeking to recruit a Data Architect/Engineer in Guernsey.
Due to rapid growth, the group is now establishing a new Software Development centre of excellence which will be owned and managed by the company’s group and will offer software development and maintenance for the business users.
This role is open for candidates who are looking to relocate to Guernsey.
Overall purpose of the role:
• As a Data Engineer/Database Architect the candidate will engineer and design cutting edge database technologies, ensuring the business' data needs are met by utilising both structured and unstructured data solutions.
• Be responsible for designing and delivering high-performing database solutions for high volume OLAP microservices, assuring that databases are optimised for speed, scalability and availability.
• The candidate will be expected to take a proactive approach to identifying new and emerging tools to get the job done.
• The candidate will be asked to source data and investigate a data sources such as a Websites, flat files, or APIs and will learn as much as they can about business requirements and needs and then explore and profile the data using NoSQL, SQL, Excel, Python or whatever other tools fit the job.
• The candidate will have responsibility for taking to production datasets for modelling, visualization and analysis using an off the shelf enterprise ETL tool and, if necessary, Python and SQL.
The successful candidate will have:
• Significant hands on experience of building data lake / warehouse / business intelligence from scratch (e.g., MapReduce, Hadoop, HIVE, Spark, MongoDB, SQL).
• Aptitude for NoSQL tools (any required, Cassandra or MongoDB for example)
• Experience integrating external APIs for data acquisition.
• Experience manipulating and joining data in multiple different formats (for example, csv, json, xml, text).
• Collaborate with their Data Scientists, Product Owners, and Software Engineers to identify, collect and transform data for research and analysis including statistical modelling and machine learning.
• Experience to data exploration, profiling, quality control, transformation, and visualization.
• Identify and diagnose data inconsistencies and errors.
• Experience with Atlassian suite
• Experience in feature engineering.
• Ability to design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to data scientists or company leaders
• Agile Scrum knowledge
• Docker experience
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +44 1481 723221. Please visit our website www.pa.gg for our latest vacancies.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
113 total views, 1 today