1 Feb 2018
Credit Officer – Mortgages, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Job DescriptionOur client is a licenced provider of banking and investment services seeking to recruit a Credit Officer – Mortgages.
Overall purpose of the role:
To work as a key member of the existing credit management team with the experience and technical ability to work effectively on either the “mortgage” or “Lombard” side of the Bank’s credit business. This role is primarily focused on the arrangement and management of bank’s unregulated UK mortgage product for high net worth individuals against prime residential London properties. However, there is also the potential to become involved in their asset backed credit (Lombard) facility offering.
The role also requires the incumbent to be involved in such other areas such as the research and development of new credit products and their supporting systems/processes, representation on various committees within the Bank (including the Bank’s Credit Committee), development of credit strategy and communication of credit related services and issue to clients, relationship managers and senior management within Guernsey and the wider bank’s Group.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Performing a key role within a small team of experienced credit officers.
• Preparation of credit proposals
• Preparation and perfection of credit documentation and all associated security
• Monitoring of credit exposures
• Managing of any default positions
• Provision of advice and guidance to Relationship Managers on credit related issues
• Conducting credit negotiations with Relationship Managers who are negotiating on behalf of their clients:
The successful candidate will have:
• Minimum of 10 years’ international banking experience, within a credit environment.
• Developed working knowledge of the principles of lending on a cross border basis to different borrower types and against different types of asset class.
• Strong level of risk awareness.
• Professional Banking Qualification (A.C.I.B.) – ideally but not essential
• CeMap qualified – ideally but not essential.
• Ability to take on responsibility including the potential to undertake a leadership role.
• Robust knowledge of the UK property market and property lending .
For more information please email: email@example.com or call: +44 1481 723221. Please visit our website www.pa.gg for our latest vacancies.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
323 total views, 1 today