27 Aug 2018
Compliance Manager, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Job DescriptionOur client is a funds administration services company seeking to recruit a Compliance Manager.
Overall purpose of the role:
The purpose of this position is to act as a compliance representative within the company’s Guernsey office, taking responsibility for the day-to-day compliance activities and forming part of the Group-wide Risk and Compliance team, assisting with its on-going development and implementation of the company’s group compliance strategy.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Provide thought leadership and assist with the development of leading practices in relation to managing compliance within their Funds Services and Corporate Service products.
• Promote a good compliance culture within the team and with the group organisation
• Promote awareness of, and compliance with, the group’s policies.
• Take responsibility for the effective management of day-to-day compliance activities, monitoring and reporting, ensuring that the group and client Compliance Monitoring Programme are performed to the required level and completed within the relevant time frame (including carrying out testing where appropriate).
• Prepare compliance reports, for client boards and for the group’s Jurisdictional Risk
• Provide regulatory support and oversight to the business
• Identify potential regulatory issues and work with the business to develop solutions to prevent poor regulatory outcomes
• Liaise internally with client teams and managers as and when required
• Provide support and guidance to management with regards to the application of the relevant laws and regulations in Guernsey.
The successful candidate will have:
• A detailed understanding of, and experience with, performing compliance activities within a financial services company.
• Good knowledge of the Guernsey regulatory environment.
• A university degree or equivalent in Business, Economics, Commerce or other relevant subjects or equivalent professional qualification.
• Phenomenal communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Experience within a compliance role within the financial services sector would be advantageous.
• Private Equity, Real Estate Funds and/or a Corporate Services background would be an advantage.
• Good working knowledge of SharePoint and Microsoft products, in particular Outlook, Word and Excel.
For more information please email: email@example.com or call: +44 1481 723221. Please visit our website www.pa.gg for our latest vacancies.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
1248 total views, 1 today