14 Jun 2020
Commercial Insurance Manager / Director, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Job DescriptionOur client is an insurance and finance broker seeking to recruit a Commercial Insurance Manager. This role would suit an experienced Commercial Insurance Broker. This role is flexible and is open for candidates who can work at a Manager and/or Director of Insurance level, ideally with a strong Commercial background to lead a team of Brokers.
Key responsibilities will include;
• To actively manage the book of Commercial customers and manage the day to day activities of the Commercial Insurance department.
• Displays role models behaviors and has a can do attitude towards work, Identifies and coaches other staff in their own job role.
• Assist staff in queries and assess knowledge gaps, whilst implementing training in order to fill such gaps.
• Monitors attendance and punctuality and keeps suitable records including return to works for sickness.
• Reports on all performance of the department as required by the board.
• To have a clear understanding of the complaints process and is first port of call for any escalated cases
• Updates all systems with adequate information to assist in claims management, complaints, Insurer audits and any Compliance issues that may arise.
• Undertake additional duties as and when requested by the Directors to ensure the effective functioning of the company.
The successful candidate will have:
• Relevant Insurance qualification or a practicing General Insurance Advisor willing to undertake the relevant examinations.
• Previous experience in a managerial role or a willingness to undertake additional training.
• The ability to provide high impact performance feedback in order to aid business and personal development within the team
• Ability to adhere to all underwriting guidelines, internal policies and external legislation.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of all other products and services on the market.
• Ability to develop close working relationships with internal and external contacts.
• A strategic awareness of industry rules and regulations.
• Previous management experience within the insurance profession (desirable).
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +44 1481 723221. Please visit our website www.pa.gg for our latest vacancies.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
90 total views, 2 today