8 Jun 2020
Chief Risk Officer, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Job DescriptionOur client is a private bank and wealth management company seeking to recruit a Chief Risk Officer.
Overall purpose of the role:
Be responsible for maintaining the efficiency, monitoring and reporting on the performance of the framework to control the risks that the bank is exposed to.
As a member of the Senior Management, the candidate will have a critical leadership role, working with fellow Branch management members to ensure delivery of the business strategy within the branch and ensuring the entity maintains a sufficient robust control and risk management environment.
Key responsibilities will include;
• Further develop, maintain and ensure the efficiency effectiveness of the control framework for all relevant operational and outsourced activities
• Running a broad range of risks on the Bank company’s behalf. These risks include, but are not limited to market risk, credit risk, operational risk, reputational risk and liquidity risk. Understand and follow closely the Legal and Compliance Risks
• Advise the colleagues in the management team on key risk issues and make recommendations on meaningful important business decisions
• Develop strategies to bring interpersonal organizational goals and changes in line with the Bank’s risk framework
• Participating actively in and chairing some key corporate governance committees of the branch will give the candidate a chance to craft a network with positive working relationships
The successful candidate will have:
• At least 10 years of solid financial industry experience up to a senior level position
• At least 6-8 years of experience in Risk Management, in the areas of credit risk, market risk, or operational risk
• Ability to lead, drive and handle manage change
• Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and business partners
• Drive and initiative, flexibility and talent for leading managing challenging competing demands
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation, prioritization, time management, and analytical skills
• Excellent communication, public speaking, and presentation skills
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +44 1481 723221. Please visit our website www.pa.gg for our latest vacancies.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
86 total views, 1 today