18 Aug 2018
Bookkeeper, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Job DescriptionOur client is a marine management company seeking to recruit a Bookkeeper.
To provide services in connection with the maintenance of client company ledgers and the production of client entity financial statements and other client accounting reports. Support of the client invoicing processing process and the monthly crew payroll process is also required. The individual will also assist the Client Accountant with his/her duties as requested from time to time.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Maintain ledgers and keep them up to date, this includes posting externally prepared information as appropriate, e.g. petty cash sheets.
• Preparation of accounts.
• Maintain records in order to deal with accounts filing deadlines for tax and other regulatory purposes.
• Post transactions appearing on ‘secondary’ bank account statements as requested.
• Bank reconciliations
• Reconciling cash books on cloud based accounting systems to core IT systems
• Ensure suspense accounts are cleared on a daily basis for client ledgers.
• Assist with payment of client vendor invoices and other related day to day tasks.
• Assist case officers with financial accounting queries as requested.
• Such other reasonable tasks and objectives that may be requested from time to time.
The successful candidate will have:
• Previous experience of working in a similar role.
• Knowledge and understanding of bookkeeping and accounting practices.
• An accounting qualification, or working towards one is desirable.
• A basic understanding of tax issues and jurisdictions.
• A basic understanding of the principles of managing financial and non-financial assets.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +44 1481 723221. Please visit our website www.pa.gg for our latest vacancies.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
197 total views, 1 today