22 Sep 2020
Actuarial Analyst, Guernsey | Guernsey,United Kingdom
Job DescriptionOur client is a leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage solutions seeking to recruit an Actuarial Analyst.
Overall purpose of the role:
To work as part of a dedicated Actuarial team who will be responsible for the day to day management of a reinsurer. The successful candidate will be part of an innovative team with a diverse set of responsibilities. This role will provide the candidate with an exciting opportunity to be exposed to various aspects of the actuarial field and property catastrophe modelling, whilst surrounded by talented colleagues.
Key responsibilities will include;
• Data Analytics – the candidate should be comfortable analyzing, manipulating and validating large data sets using tools such as SQL and R. The candidate will be the key contact point between the company and its data providers and so will need to be confident in challenging the work of others.
• Risk Report – the candidate will assist the chief actuary in producing a quarterly risk report. The risk report will include quantitative and qualitative analytics which review the health of the company’s portfolio and its solvency position. The risk report will be will be aimed at stakeholders whom are not necessarily of a technical background
• Post Event Analysis – in the wake of a natural catastrophe the candidate will need to promptly quantify the effect of the event on the company’s portfolio and present the results to the chief actuary and wider stakeholders
The successful candidate will have:
• A numerate BSc degree in either Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Natural Sciences/Meteorology etc.
• The candidate could be a CAT modeller without wanting to do their actuarial exams.
• Certification in risk modelling, progress in actuarial studies, CFA or similar.
• The company would support the candidate in working towards their actuarial qualification
• Experience in an actuarial role is required (preferable but not essential).
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +44 1481 723221. Please visit our website www.pa.gg for our latest vacancies.
Apply for this job by clicking the link below:
51 total views, 1 today